PDA

View Full Version : Problems with version 6.5b1 - 9182

norderney
2006-08-27, 16:35
Just tried upgrading from version 6.3.0 to 6.5b1 - 9182 running with Windows XP. I have Squeeze Box 1.

Got a couple of problems.

1. When displaying the track title on the web interface, the track title appears all the time simply as 9. This happens for every track I have looked at so far.
It displays the album name and artist name correctly. Also the correct track title appears on my Squeeze Box.

2. Various Artist albums appear multiple times!! This was not happening with version 6.3.0. But this is only affecting various artist albums which were ripped a long time ago. Recently ripped ones are ok!! I have gone from having 1550 albums to 6266 albums!!!

Any advice would be much appreciated.

norderney
2006-08-27, 16:42
A further update on point 1 (above). If you search by keying in a song title, it does find the song you are looking for, but displays the song title as just a single 9. If you then click on this 9, it then displays full track details and now displays the song title!!!

norderney
2006-08-28, 00:38
I have just tried upgrading to the new version 7.0, just to see if this makes any difference. The first problem I had with the track titles appearing as 9 is ok now. I am getting the correct track titles appearing.

However, it is still displaying various artist albums multiple times, but only on albums I ripped a long time ago. I have checked some of these affected albums aand they have the Compilation tag set to YES.

The tracks on these affected albums were originally ripped to the Artist folders, so the tracks are spread out all over the place. More recent rips were done to a specific folder called Various Artists. This problem occured previously on a previous software release, and I fixed it by finding every various artist track and setting the Compilation tag to YES. Has something changed within the software that ignores the Compilation tag?

Philip Meyer
2006-08-28, 01:48
>However, it is still displaying various artist albums multiple times,
>but only on albums I ripped a long time ago. I have checked some of
>these affected albums aand they have the Compilation tag set to YES.
>
>The tracks on these affected albums were originally ripped to the
>Artist folders, so the tracks are spread out all over the place. More
>recent rips were done to a specific folder called Various Artists.
>This problem occured previously on a previous software release, and I
>fixed it by finding every various artist track and setting the
>Compilation tag to YES. Has something changed within the software that
>ignores the Compilation tag?

I might be wrong, but I think the tag COMPILATION=1 is only required if the various artist album is physically located across several folders. All of my various artist albums are stored in the directory format Music\Various Artists\Album Name\{tracks} and I have COMPILATION=1 set on all of the tracks. No problems for me anymore.

Perhaps you should try changing COMPILATION to "1" instead of "YES"?

Phil