PDA

View Full Version : Crash on Windows XP with -d_sql and running as a service

hickinbottoms
2006-08-27, 00:58
I've been helping Graham debug an issue that looked like it was due to the Lazy Search plugin (see threads http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=26539 and http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=26648), and I believe there's currently a problem when running as a service on Windows XP.

I'm running the nightly I downloaded yesterday (which reports itself as 9173 in Server Settings), and whenever I turn on d_sql through the web interface the server crashes shortly after (eg while playing or when trying to use the web interface - it never seemed to live more than a few seconds after turning on that debug flag).

Looking in the event log the last event that appeared was as follows:

Can't call method "print" on an undefined value at C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/Statistics.pm line 96.

Both the slim.exe and mysqld.exe processes then exit.

This happens for me when running no plugins apart from those included in the standard distribution. Graham has reported the same behaviour on his system.

The odd thing is, when I start slimserver from a console window with "slim -d_sql" it doesn't crash and correct dumps out the SQL that's being executed.

I don't normally run it on Windows (I only installed it to help debug Graham's problem), so I'm not sure how long this behaviour may have been present.

I believe there's definitely a problem here, and it might be the root cause of the programs Graham reported in those other threads. I can report this in Bugzilla if SD want me to.

Thanks,
Stuart

Dan Sully
2006-08-27, 08:02
* hickinbottoms shaped the electrons to say...

>I believe there's definitely a problem here, and it might be the root
>cause of the programs Graham reported in those other threads. I can
>report this in Bugzilla if SD want me to.

Please do file a bug.

Thanks

-D
--
<iNoah> I think someone should create a magazine for computer peripherals, called Card & Driver