PDA

View Full Version : Audible "click"

skvinson
2006-08-22, 16:06
I regularly hear an audible "click" through my speakers, even when I'm not listening to music. (To be ready whenever I power on my Squeezebox, Slim Server is always running. At least on the program bar.) The click happens every couple minutes or so. I use a switch, and there is no click when I have the feed from my receiver active, so I know it is not the amp. (FYI, I have L/R cables from my receiver and L/R cables from my Squeezebox going into the switch. Then L/R cables going out to my amp.)

I know there are some things I can check. I just wondered if anyone had experienced the same thing and could point me in the right direction. One thing I noticed, Slim Server "refreshes" itself on a regular basis. Since my computer is in a different room, I haven't noticed yet if the two are related.

Thanks for any help.

davep
2006-08-22, 17:43
I assume you are running Internet Explorer under Windows as your Slimserver interface. Due to some idea that MS has that users need audible feedback on absolutely everything their PC does the default behaviour is for IE to issue a click sound every time the browser refreshes - which it does regularly with slimserver to ensure the display is up to date with what is playing.

Go to Control Panel|Sounds and look for the item (I think) "Start Navigation" and set the associated sound to none.

davep

skvinson
2006-08-23, 05:16
Thanks! I will give that a try.