PDA

View Full Version : Double tracks in playlist

GeezerD
2006-08-22, 09:28
Some of my albums play each track twice. If the album has tracks A, B and C, it plays as A A B B C C.

All the albums were ripped to flac the same way, but it only happens with some of them. I have not edited the flac files after ripping.

Hardware is a Squeezebox 3, with SlimServer 6.3.1 on WinXP, which I recently updated. Might this be a bug in the new SlimServer software? I don't recall this happening before I upgraded. -- GeezerD

GeezerD
2006-08-24, 16:16
My problem may have been fixed by the current build (I haven't checked yet by testing) but here is the text for Bug 3699:

"When the Composer and Artist are the same, duplicate tracks created in playlist"

Dunno why no one else has complained about this -- It happens for almost every album for me. I suppose this might be an artifact of my process of ripping to flac, and not editing the tags.

Tag&Rename (which I downloaded a few hours ago) reveals that the composer tag is empty for at least one of the problematic albums though, so I am not sure if the bug description is the same.

tommypeters
2006-08-25, 02:04
When you ripped, did you also create .cue files? It's a common problem when the info in the cue files is similar but not exactly the same as in the tags. Might be the same with the .m3u and other playlists.

In 6.5 you can specify that certain extensions should be "dismissed", with 6.3.1 you need to RAR (or something similar) your cue files. Also watch out for multiple .m3u files.

GeezerD
2006-08-25, 02:23
The latest build fixes my complaint. Playlists no longer have tracks listed twice. Thanks!