PDA

View Full Version : MySQL on 6.5b1

NigelC
2006-08-21, 05:59
I have just returned to 6.5 after a few weeks using 6.3.1 I downloaded the 20 August nightly and it appears OK for me so far.

Now that the database is based on MySQL, I would appreciate some guidance as to how I go about querying the database (I want to print an album listing). I had some success with the SQlite db, but dont know where to start with MySQL

I am running on Windows XP

Thanks
Nigel

mherger
2006-08-21, 06:14
> Now that the database is based on MySQL, I would appreciate some
> guidance as to how I go about querying the database (I want to print an
> album listing). I had some success with the SQlite db, but dont know
> where to start with MySQL

Some choices to think about:

- install ODBC drivers for mysql (available from mysql.com) and use
Access/Excel/whatever to create your reports
- install MySQL's graphical query tool (mysql.com)
- install phpMyAdmin if you have a web server and use it to query and
export data

If none of these two is working for you,

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

JJZolx
2006-08-21, 07:54
I have just returned to 6.5 after a few weeks using 6.3.1 I downloaded the 20 August nightly and it appears OK for me so far.

Now that the database is based on MySQL, I would appreciate some guidance as to how I go about querying the database (I want to print an album listing). I had some success with the SQlite db, but dont know where to start with MySQL

I am running on Windows XP
I've found the free SQLyog to be handy. Better than the MySQL published GUI tools.

http://www.webyog.com/sqlyog/index_sqlyogfree.php

NigelC
2006-08-21, 11:09
Thanks guys, I'll see if I can get some reports out
Nigel

jeffluckett
2006-08-23, 15:47
Greetings,

I've just installed 6.5b1 - 9122 on my server box.

I was hoping to access the embedded mySQLd via sqlYog from a remote machine, but it seems that it doesn't accept network connections. (I am able to access it with sqlYog installed on the same machine, however).

Does anybody here know how I can either A) configure the embedded mysql to allow network connections or B) configure SlimServer to use my already installed MySQL on that machine ... which already allows network connections...

I've tried to change the .pref file to connect to my already installed MySQL, but it chokes saying the .pref file is corrupt...

JJZolx
2006-08-23, 15:58
Greetings,

I've just installed 6.5b1 - 9122 on my server box.

I was hoping to access the embedded mySQLd via sqlYog from a remote machine, but it seems that it doesn't accept network connections. (I am able to access it with sqlYog installed on the same machine, however).

Does anybody here know how I can either A) configure the embedded mysql to allow network connections or B) configure SlimServer to use my already installed MySQL on that machine ... which already allows network connections...

I've tried to change the .pref file to connect to my already installed MySQL, but it chokes saying the .pref file is corrupt...
Coincidentally...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=26650

I found that you _must_ edit the my.tt file. If you edit the my.cnf file in the Cache folder then your changes will be overwritten.

Stop and restart SlimServer after making the above change. You should look in your Windows task manager to make sure the mysqld.exe process also stops. If it doesn't, kill it from the task manager.

jeffluckett
2006-08-23, 18:14
That did it. Thanks.

mherger
2006-08-24, 00:10
> I found that you _must_ edit the my.tt file. If you edit the my.cnf
> file in the Cache folder then your changes will be overwritten.

Oops... sorry for the confusion :-)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)