• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bitboy
    • Aug 2006

Squeezebox continuously restarting when playing

Hi.

Just got my Squeezebox v3 and it's an amazing little device

But now it seems I'm having problems playing anything at all. Whenever I start playing a song I have the following problems:

1) Sometimes the song doesn't start at all and the squeezebox restarts.
    2) When a song starts I can hear about 5-35 seconds of it and it stops. After 3 seconds the display goes blank and Squeezy (that's it's name) restarts.

I've got a Linksys WRT54GX v2 with 3 High Gain antennas on it and I'm getting between 40-60% signal quality over wireless. I've fiddled with different setting (changed channels) and it makes no difference.

My SlimServer is a 1 GHz AMD Athlon with 1 GB RAM running Windows 2000.

I've used the NetTest plugin and it says 100% up to 5 MBit.

I honestly don't know how to fix this.

Does anyone have a clue as to what could be wrong?

Thanks!
  • Kurt
    • Nov 2005

You said you changed the channels, but can you run something like Netstumbler on a laptop to see what kind of wls traffic you have in your area?

Comment

• Bitboy
      • Aug 2006

I'll try. Sitting here with my laptop. I'll report back but I know of 1 other wireless network here.

Comment

• Bitboy
        • Aug 2006

Seems there is only 2 networks here. Mine and another one. Unfortunately we're both on channel 11 so I'll change mine. Shouldn't make much difference regarding my problems since I've tested 3 different channels today and Sueezy behaves exactly the same way.

Comment

Working...