PDA

View Full Version : My SB2 is behind my head. I need a remote with a display!

GreenMan
2006-08-17, 13:14
Hi all,

Through a bit of poor planning and room set up issues, my SB2 is located just behind my head by a few feet. I end up craning my neck to turn around and adjust sound and music surf. I don't want to do that any more, and moving my furniture and/or the SB2 is not an option.

I now see that there are remotes with a visual display that I could use with the SB2. What I want is a remote that has enough power so that I don't have to point it behind the couch to get to the sb2, but that gives me full control to the SB2 and visibility to what I am surfing.

On last thing: I want this super cheap. The cheapest, oldest thing I can get will be fine. I'll grab one off ebay if need be.

Any suggestions?

GreenMan

gian
2006-08-17, 13:19
the easiest thing I can think of, is a wifi pocket pc, through its web interface.
-Gian

m1abrams
2006-08-17, 14:24
I do not have a Nokia 770, but after playing with the slimserver skin for it I am serioulsy considering getting one. (not super cheap)

SUPER CHEAP SOLUTION. Get your self a mirror and modify the slimserver to send the text in reverse. :)

NOTE: re read your post and you mention "pointing the remote" All solutions for remotes with a display will be PDAs that have a web browser and wireless network. So being behind the couch does not matter but you will also need a wireless network like wifi, so if you do not have that it would be an added expense.

stinkingpig
2006-08-17, 15:01
On 8/17/06, m1abrams <m1abrams.2cpdvn1155849901 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> I do not have a Nokia 770, but after playing with the slimserver skin
> for it I am serioulsy considering getting one. (not super cheap)
>
> SUPER CHEAP SOLUTION. Get your self a mirror and modify the slimserver
> to send the text in reverse. :)
>
>
>
or just two mirrors :)

SB ------------------------> \
|
YOU <--- /

Reminds me of my long-held dream to use a giant fresnel lens in a computing
project, like in Brazil...