PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Used SB2 or SB3

benh
2006-08-14, 15:52
After having my new SB3 in my living room for about a week, I find that I need one for the bedroom stereo. But I can't afford the $300 for a new one, having *just* bought the first one.

So, I'm looking for a used SB3 or SB2 for a good price.

Not sure if this is the right place for this kind of post, so if not, feel free to redirect me or the post.

richidoo
2006-08-15, 06:05
Welcome to the Squeezebox community.!

With the new Transporter coming out in a few months, and especially with the free squeezebox offer, there will be a few coming up for sale starting in September. You might want to wait until then to get the best market position. Right now, especially with the stereophile review just coming out, there will be a high demand.

There are some new ones on Ebay, but the discount is not great as with a used unit. Audiogon.com is one place a lot of used audio stuff sells.

Here's one on this forum: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=26335

funkstar
2006-08-16, 02:17
SB2s tend to hold their price well because people want them specifically for their shape/size. SB3s are a little cheaper, but not massively. As richidoo said, there will probably be more SB3s out there on the likes of eBay etc. once the Transporter startes to ship. Although there has already been one post on here from an existing user that is eBaying the free one he got with his Transporter pre-order, so there might be more out there sooner.