PDA

View Full Version : Folder with Chinese Characters

rocky2889
2006-08-14, 08:48
My Windows server installation with East Language installed but when I am using Windows Explorer I can read the folder with Chinese unicode characters.

The Slimserver cannot pickup the folder with Chinese Character. Is there any setting to read Chinese Unicode on the Slimserver?

Thanks

Rocky

matt24
2006-08-14, 17:10
I had this problem - I had to re-type all my folder names containing Chinese in standard characters, then it all worked. Since SlimServer displays only from ID3, not file names or folder names it's no problem, and you can rename the folders anything you want.

It seems that slimserver can display asian characters in ID3 tags but has a problem reading folder and file names with them.

I heard that it was a PERL bug, not the fault of the SS programmers.

rocky2889
2006-08-15, 09:50
You are right, you cannot have Asian language in the folder name or file name.

But I discovered that if I taged some of the title with Chinese characters and some songs with Roman Alphabet.

When you browse the "album" is appear as two separate alblums one with all Chinese title taged and the other with only Roman alphabet taged.

Matt by the way what database server you use to the get the Chinese song name?

I am using Mp3tag to tag the song but getting the song name from Windows Media Player copy and paste into Mp3tag each song.

Thanks

Rocky

ChrisOwens
2006-08-15, 15:57
This is unfortunately due to a bug in the current perl version. (noted in our bug database as bug 2475 http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2475)

If you are interested, you can add your add your email address to the cc: field for automatic updates when the status of that bug changes.

JJZolx
2006-08-15, 17:04
This is unfortunately due to a bug in the current perl version. (noted in our bug database as bug 2475 http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2475)

If you are interested, you can add your add your email address to the cc: field for automatic updates when the status of that bug changes.
What version of ActiveState Perl is being used to compile the Windows EXEs?

Is this only a problem with folders that have unicoded names, or it it a more general problem that would include unicoded file names and tag contents?

rocky2889
2006-08-16, 12:21
Is this only a problem with folders that have unicoded names, or it it a more general problem that would include unicoded file names and tag contents?

The problem only with folder and file name mainly.

Thanks

Rocky