PDA

View Full Version : Rediscovery

benh
2006-08-08, 17:46
Listening to my Squeezebox on random play this evening, I rediscovered my Jesus and Mary Chain albums. I'd forgotten what they sounded like. Hell, I'd forgotten that I had them, more or less. I'd certainly forgotten why I got them in the first place.

I'm sure they've come up on my AirTunes or on the iPod before, but I never paid any attention. This evening, I did. I could hear the guitar hitting each note and I was again excited by the music.

Pretty cool. I can't wait to see what else in my 600+ CD collection I've lost to time.

And I guess this answers in my mind as to if the Squeezebox sounds better than the Airport Express.

tomsi42
2006-08-10, 04:25
This is the beauty of random play!

I have been listening a lot old Genesis lately - thanks to Random play.

Yesterday I rediscovered John Campbell (The blues guy).

Of course, random play can be embarrasing as well - playing that cheezy CD you bought on the way back home after a staying on the pub too long...

bdelp
2006-08-10, 07:35
Here's a Great program for re-discovering music that's in your collection.

Rediscover your collection.

Do you have tons of digital music, but not much time? Are you in the mood for great tunes, but don’t have the patience—or the interest—in thumbing through your tracks?
MusicIP makes it simple. Pick one song. Click one button. Get one amazing playlist that includes the perfect tracks from every corner of your collection—instantly.

http://www.musicip.com/listener/
You select a song or songs that you know and it builds a playlist based on your 'seeds'.....and it can send them to your squeezebox.
Bob

davidcotton
2006-08-10, 11:34
I'd LOVE to be able to use the random option on my sb3. Only problem with using it is the fact that I've got a lot (ie over 100 doubles)audio stories on there. Its a little disconcerting to be listening to a song one minute (or twenty as the case maybe!)and then a track from one of the audios comes up!

Mark Lanctot
2006-08-10, 11:39
I'd LOVE to be able to use the random option on my sb3. Only problem with using it is the fact that I've got a lot (ie over 100 doubles)audio stories on there. Its a little disconcerting to be listening to a song one minute (or twenty as the case maybe!)and then a track from one of the audios comes up!

You can set random play to ignore certain genres.

Just tag the audio stories with the appropriate genre and unselect this in random play.