PDA

View Full Version : Asian Characters will not display

ob_kook
2006-08-08, 12:57
I know that this thread has shown up before, but even after tracking several of them down and reading them through to their entirety, I cannot solve this problem.

The problem is that:
1. Asian characters in streaming stations will not display properly (Shoutcast Republic of Korea for example)

2. Ripped songs with unicode will not show up in my music library at all (folder is there, song is missing). Even some albums which have a mixture of english titles, Japanese titles, or mixed, the Japanese and mixed titles will not show up.

I have the following:
SB2 - latest firmware distributed with 6.3.1
WinXP home Dell server with 6.3.1. 8468
Songs ripped in MP3, tagged with a unicode tagger program

I have installed proper unicode fonts (code2000 and cyberbit) in the proper directory, restarted, have east asian language support installed on my PC, etc. etc.

Am I missing something? This is driving my crazy...

Samsara
2006-08-09, 09:23
Hello.

Same problems with SB3 :(

ChrisOwens
2006-08-09, 10:25
Under Windows only, there is a bug in Perl that is causing us problems.

It is described in our bug database at http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2475
and
http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3739

Are both of you using Windows? If not, there may be some other bug that needs investigating.

ob_kook
2006-08-09, 13:31
Yes, WinXP Home.

This feature has been available since the introduction of SB3, has the bug been present since then?

Is it scheduled to be addressed in either a release or a nightly antime soon?

thanks!

ob_kook
2006-08-11, 18:15
I read through the bug reports and it seems they are talking more about the folders and songs not showing up in the library. I am having this problem too, but I am also having the problem where characters will not even show up on the SB2 screen.

Are others able to display asian characters on their squeezebox itself?

What about streaming radio stations?