PDA

View Full Version : Browsing to specific folders

alderash
2006-08-05, 12:00
Hi,

Just loaded up SlimServer and I have a question about browsing my music collection:

I have a folder on my drive named '70s Classics' which has about 100 tunes from all different artists and albums. How do I get SlimServer to browse within this specific folder I've created rather than searching the embedded file info?

Another example would be creating a 'Christmas' folder and having SlimServer only pick from that particular folder.

How can this be accomplished?

Thank you

JJZolx
2006-08-05, 12:53
Just loaded up SlimServer and I have a question about browsing my music collection:

I have a folder on my drive named '70s Classics' which has about 100 tunes from all different artists and albums. How do I get SlimServer to browse within this specific folder I've created rather than searching the embedded file info?

Another example would be creating a 'Christmas' folder and having SlimServer only pick from that particular folder.

How can this be accomplished?
Try Browse Music Folder, either from the home page in the web interface or from the remote interface on the Squeezebox itself.

alderash
2006-08-05, 13:09
Thanks for your reply -- I tried that earlier, but the only items listed were 'itunes' and 'sample music.' Maybe I can set up a custom path to that link instead. I'll play around with it.

Thanks

mherger
2006-08-07, 00:20
> Thanks for your reply -- I tried that earlier, but the only items listed
> were 'itunes' and 'sample music.' Maybe I can set up a custom path to
> that link instead. I'll play around with it.

Do you have the music path in slimserver defined?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)