PDA

View Full Version : How Often Does Slim Serve Scan for New Music?

Jazz1
2006-08-02, 18:07
How often does it scan on? Can I control this? I'm thinking some of my dropouts are happening when it decides to scan. I put the new Tom Petty CD on my server and then went upstairs and I had stalls. I did see text notice on Squeezebox telling me that it was scanning.

Also, really weird, during some of the stall the CD music stopped and I got some kind of chime going, that I don't think was part of the song. Is this some kind of alarm about stalling, or should I lay off the sauce ;)

Ross L
2006-08-02, 18:11
It should only rescan when you tell it to, or when you browse music folder to a newly added directory.

Check Server settings -> plugins -> Rescan Music Library.

You can have SlimServer automatically rescan regularly... is that what you're looking for?

Jazz1
2006-08-02, 18:41
It should only rescan when you tell it to, or when you browse music folder to a newly added directory.

Check Server settings -> plugins -> Rescan Music Library.

You can have SlimServer automatically rescan regularly... is that what you're looking for?

I'm only going to have it scan playlists after I trim my iTunes playlists down. I'd like it to only scan when I want it to, or at some pre-set time so it doesn't cause my server to stall, or music to stall. I suppose it could be WiFi problems not the scan. But the message regarding scanning did come on the Squeezebox screen and I did have a lot of drops for a while. It has settled down now.

radish
2006-08-02, 18:44
If you have iTunes integration turned on I think it will also scan that periodically, but you can adjust the interval in the preferences.