PDA

View Full Version : Analog VU meters?

jonmyatt
2006-08-01, 04:03
Hi all

I've just bought a SB3 to add to my two old SB1 players.

I can't fathom out how to get the analog VU meters to display.

Should this be a "Now playing" option? Or is it a screensaver setting?

I'm using SlimServer Version: 6.5b1 - 8713 - Linux - EN - utf8 and the player is on firmware 59, if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Jon.

aubuti
2006-08-01, 04:16
It's a screensaver setting, but post back if you don't find it. Somehow my analog and digital VU meters suddenly disappeared when running an earlier build of 6.5b. Haven't figured that one out yet......

jonmyatt
2006-08-02, 03:58
It's a screensaver setting, but post back if you don't find it. Somehow my analog and digital VU meters suddenly disappeared when running an earlier build of 6.5b. Haven't figured that one out yet......

Thanks, found it - eventually!

Jon.

benh
2006-08-03, 09:33
I think it'd be neat to be able to see an analog VU meter along with the now playing information, perhaps in place of the small digital VU meter or small visualizer.

Maybe this is possible, but I haven't been able to make it happen with SoftSqueeze while I'm waiting for my SB3.

aubuti
2006-08-03, 09:41
I think it'd be neat to be able to see an analog VU meter along with the now playing information, perhaps in place of the small digital VU meter or small visualizer.
You can't do this with an SB3, but you can do it with the new Transporter, which has dual screens (see www.slimdevices.com) . But it'll cost you $2000...

benh
2006-08-03, 09:47
Yeah, as cool as that device looks, I don't quite have the scratch for that.