PDA

View Full Version : Synchronising FLAC streams

Jerryacg
2006-08-01, 00:49
Has anyone any tips on how to get FLAC to consistantly stream to 3 No squeezeboxes without stuttering. The signal strength of all the boxes is at least 50%. Or if anyone has succesfully increased signal strenght to squeezeboxes. I have one located about 5m from the wireless router, and still dont get more than 90%

m1abrams
2006-08-01, 06:31
Are these SB2/3 or SB1?

If SB1 you will have issues streaming 3 streams.

If SB2/3 are you doing the decoding of FLAC on the SB or on the server? If on the server switch to on the SB to free up bandwidth.

Jerryacg
2006-08-01, 07:47
Are these SB2/3 or SB1?

If SB1 you will have issues streaming 3 streams.

If SB2/3 are you doing the decoding of FLAC on the SB or on the server? If on the server switch to on the SB to free up bandwidth.

Thanks for the reply. All 3 are SB3s. How do I adjust where the decoding is done?

azinck3
2006-08-01, 10:46
Thanks for the reply. All 3 are SB3s. How do I adjust where the decoding is done?

To decode on the squeezeboxes:

Server Settings -> File Types -> make sure the line that says FLAC FLAC (built-in) is checked

Are you running an 802.11g access point? If you're running an older b-only access point, or if your AP is in b mode, then you are likely to experience some bandwidth issues. Also, remember that even if you have a g access point the speed of your entire wireless network will suffer if you have any b-only devices it. Oh, and wireless network speed is shared amongst all wireless devices so if you have a lot of wireless clients using your network then there might not be a lot of bandwidth left over for your SB3s.

A couple other tips:
- Check to see that you're running a recent version of Slimserver. Fairly recent firmware updates have increased wireless performance.

- Try updating your access point's firmware. If it's an older access point there may be some significant improvements available.

Good luck!