PDA

View Full Version : Server stops when I logout.....again



Jerry Lowe
2003-11-29, 12:48
Dean,

I have just checked and it is 5.0.1

Jerry

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com]On Behalf Of dean
blackketter
Sent: 29 November 2003 16:15
To: SlimDevices Discussion
Subject: [slim] Server stops when I logout.....again


Jerry,

Can you double check that the version running is 5.0.1 from the Server
Settings area?

-dean

On Nov 29, 2003, at 3:36 AM, Jerry Lowe wrote:

> I have just installed 5.0.1 and the problem with the server stopping
> when
> you logout still exists.
>
> The steps I took were:
> 1. Deinstall slimserver
> 2. Delete Slimserver files from "Progam Files" firectory
> 3. Install 5.0.1
> 4. Reboot system
> 5. Log into a standard account
> 6. Check that Slimserver service has started - Yes
> 7. Logout and login to another account
> 8. Check that the Slimserver service is running - No
>
> I'm running Windows 2000 Prof (5.00.2195, Srv pack 4)
>
> I can start the service manually, but that defeats the object of
> having a
> Slimp3 at the other end of the house from the server. I think it was
> release
> around 4.2.8 that this was fixed the last time.
>
> Regards
>
> Jerry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com]On Behalf Of Richard
> Purdie
> Sent: 25 November 2003 14:52
> To: SlimDevices Discussion
> Subject: [slim] Server stops when I logout.....again
>
>
>> I copied the "Slimserver for Windows" directory over to "Program
>> Files\Slimserver". Unfortunately the problem still exists, as soon as
>> I
>> logout the server stops.
>
> I'm not sure about this...
>
>> I also noticed that when my PC restarts and the Slimserver service
>> starts,
>> the Slimp3 does not go to the Time/date display, it goes to the
>> "Slimp3
>> Home Page, Now Playing ->" screen instead, as if it had been
>> switched on
> by
>> the remote.
>
> This is by design. If the player was displaying the clock when the
> server
> was turned off (by whatever method) it will show this when restarted.
> If it
> was playing music, it will have the playlist on the display when
> restarted
> (although you need to hit play to start the music again).
>
> RP
>
>

dean
2003-11-29, 14:12
Hi Jerry,

I can't reproduce this with the official 5.0.1 from our web site on XP.
My Win2k machine is down right now, so I won't be able to test this
until Monday.

Did you install the offical 5.0.1 release or was this one of the
pre-release versions from nightly?

-dean


On Nov 29, 2003, at 11:48 AM, Jerry Lowe wrote:

> Dean,
>
> I have just checked and it is 5.0.1
>
> Jerry
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com]On Behalf Of dean
> blackketter
> Sent: 29 November 2003 16:15
> To: SlimDevices Discussion
> Subject: [slim] Server stops when I logout.....again
>
>
> Jerry,
>
> Can you double check that the version running is 5.0.1 from the Server
> Settings area?
>
> -dean
>
> On Nov 29, 2003, at 3:36 AM, Jerry Lowe wrote:
>
>> I have just installed 5.0.1 and the problem with the server stopping
>> when
>> you logout still exists.
>>
>> The steps I took were:
>> 1. Deinstall slimserver
>> 2. Delete Slimserver files from "Progam Files" firectory
>> 3. Install 5.0.1
>> 4. Reboot system
>> 5. Log into a standard account
>> 6. Check that Slimserver service has started - Yes
>> 7. Logout and login to another account
>> 8. Check that the Slimserver service is running - No
>>
>> I'm running Windows 2000 Prof (5.00.2195, Srv pack 4)
>>
>> I can start the service manually, but that defeats the object of
>> having a
>> Slimp3 at the other end of the house from the server. I think it was
>> release
>> around 4.2.8 that this was fixed the last time.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jerry
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com]On Behalf Of Richard
>> Purdie
>> Sent: 25 November 2003 14:52
>> To: SlimDevices Discussion
>> Subject: [slim] Server stops when I logout.....again
>>
>>
>>> I copied the "Slimserver for Windows" directory over to "Program
>>> Files\Slimserver". Unfortunately the problem still exists, as soon as
>>> I
>>> logout the server stops.
>>
>> I'm not sure about this...
>>
>>> I also noticed that when my PC restarts and the Slimserver service
>>> starts,
>>> the Slimp3 does not go to the Time/date display, it goes to the
>>> "Slimp3
>>> Home Page, Now Playing ->" screen instead, as if it had been
>>> switched on
>> by
>>> the remote.
>>
>> This is by design. If the player was displaying the clock when the
>> server
>> was turned off (by whatever method) it will show this when restarted.
>> If it
>> was playing music, it will have the playlist on the display when
>> restarted
>> (although you need to hit play to start the music again).
>>
>> RP
>>
>>