PDA

View Full Version : "No Album"

autopilot
2006-07-28, 13:27
In my 6.5 (XP) Album list, i have an entry called "No Album" which says it contains "0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists.".

It might have something to do with the fact that i have some image files with no album tag, as this fixes the problem of CUE Sheets/images showing up as 2 different albums. I am not sure if this is the case though, as this would not explain the "0 Artists" bit.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this and how i could fix it?

Is it posible to hide the "no album" album?

JJZolx
2006-07-28, 13:46
In my 6.5 (XP) Album list, i have an entry called "No Album" which says it contains "0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists.".

It might have something to do with the fact that i have some image files with no album tag, as this fixes the problem of CUE Sheets/images showing up as 2 different albums. I am not sure if this is the case though, as this would not explain the "0 Artists" bit.

Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this and how i could fix it?

Is it posible to hide the "no album" album?
What do you see when you click on the album? Does it have any tracks? Normally this is just a collect-all for tracks that haven't been tagged with an album name.

If you do have tracks under this album, then it just means the counts are off, which is a known problem right now in 6.5.

fuzzyT
2006-07-28, 14:08
JJZolx wrote:
> dangerous_dom Wrote:
>> Is it posible to hide the "no album" album?
> What do you see when you click on the album? Does it have any tracks?
> Normally this is just a collect-all for tracks that haven't been tagged
> with an album name.

I suppose there is an argument to be made that display of the "no album"
item could or should be suppressed when it contains zero sub-items.

--rt

JJZolx
2006-07-28, 14:18
> What do you see when you click on the album? Does it have any tracks?
> Normally this is just a collect-all for tracks that haven't been tagged
> with an album name.

I suppose there is an argument to be made that display of the "no album"
item could or should be suppressed when it contains zero sub-items.
I think that's the intended behavior. I don't have a 'No Album' in my album list. If it is indeed empty (vs. the counts shown being off) then it's a bug.

autopilot
2006-07-28, 14:32
What do you see when you click on the album? Does it have any tracks?

What i see is "0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists."

Dan Sully
2006-07-28, 16:14
* dangerous_dom shaped the electrons to say...

>In my 6.5 (XP) Album list, i have an entry called "No Album" which says
>it contains "0 albums with 0 songs by 0 artists.".

What's likely happening here is that there is an album without an ALBUM tag,
but it also happens to be a compilation, and is marked as a Various Artists
album. Alternatively, the album could have Composers, Conductors or Band
tags, but no Artist tags.

-D
--
"You can usually recover from production flaws...but you can never recover from a bad design".

autopilot
2006-07-29, 00:22
Thanks for your help again Dan. So on the basis that it could be a tagging issue, rather than a bug, is there a way i could scan my entire collection for files without a artist AND an album tag?

But it still does not make sence to me that the "No Album" entry does not have any tracks in it, just blank.

autopilot
2006-07-29, 00:58
Ok, i think it is more likely to be a bug now...

If i completely uninstall Slimserver and then reinstall (the same version), after the first initial scan after the setup, the "No Album" does not appear.

It's only appears after i "Clear Library and rescan everything".

Does that offer a clue as to what is happening? Is the library not being completely cleared of something?

PS This also fixes the problem in this thread - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=125302 - but the problem comes back after any more rescans.