PDA

View Full Version : Way to manually enter music

captain-insano
2006-07-26, 23:51
Just got my Squeezebox and love it! However some of the albums do not show up in my slimserver. They are all .wav files ripped with eac. Is this a bug or is there a workaround?

ceejay
2006-07-27, 00:43
Just got my Squeezebox and love it! However some of the albums do not show up in my slimserver. They are all .wav files ripped with eac. Is this a bug or is there a workaround?

If slimserver is to make sense of any WAV files - which don't have any tag information in them - they need to be stored in a directory structure which makes sense to it (eg artist/album/track). Have a look in Server Settings / Formatting / Guess Tags Format and check that your structure matches one of those listed (ideally the first one). If it doesn't, and your files are in some sort of structure, just tell slimserver what it should be looking for.

Next - these files are all under the music library directory you've specified?

Finally - always worth trying a full rescan (not just look for new and changed music), that clears up a lot of issues like this one.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to give some more info here like the exact version of slimserver, operating system, directory structure...

HTH
Ceejay

funkstar
2006-07-27, 05:49
May as well be the first to say this: you might want to think about compressing your WAV files with a lossless codec such as FLAC.

Search the forums, there are plenty of threads discussing why you would want to do this. but this is a good page from the Wiki to start with:
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?CodecComparison