PDA

View Full Version : Dropouts since 6.3 and installation of 2nd Squeezebox

Omri
2006-07-18, 21:18
My Squeezebox 3 was working fine until I did two things over the weekend: 1) I upgraded Slimserver to 6.3 and did the firmware upgrade to Version 55, and 2) I added a second Squeezebox to my system. Since I did two things at the same time, it is hard to know which change caused the following problem:

Now, on the first one Squeezeboz I am getting occasional audio dropouts. In addition, I notice that the analog VU meter, instead of "dancing around to the music" like before, will freeze momentarily, even though the music keeps playing.

Strangely, on the newly installed Squeezebox (also upgraded to Firmware Version 55), there are no dropouts, and the analog VU meter continues to "dance" with the music without freezing.

Incidentally, I bought both Squeezebox 3s at the same time, but waited before installing the second one until I was sure that the first one was working correctly.

I would appreciate advice/comments.

Thank you.

mherger
2006-07-19, 00:36
> Now, on the first one Squeezeboz I am getting occasional audio
> dropouts. In addition, I notice that the analog VU meter, instead of
> "dancing around to the music" like before, will freeze momentarily,
> even though the music keeps playing.

Could you give us some more information about your setup: server operating
system, network configuration of all the componenents etc.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

Omri
2006-07-19, 07:39
Thank you, Michael.

I am using Mac OSX 10.4.7 with an Airport Extreme base station. Wireless security is 128 bit WEP. The IP address is obtained automatically using DHCP. I am not sure if I have given you all the information you need, but if not, please let me know.