PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody Question

msiebach
2006-07-16, 21:21
First, let me say that I love my Squeezebox. I bought it after reading a great review of it in the New York Times.
I just got the Rhapsody trial going today, and I think it's pretty cool.
I got some playlists and songs loaded up, but I just can't seem to get them to play continuously. I have messed around in Rhapsody's preferences and such, but I can't seem to change this.
The music plays fine, but it just won't play songs back to back to back, etc... Does anyone know how to change this?
Thanks!

jelevin
2006-07-25, 14:42
First of all, it turns out that I needed to upgrade to the latest version of Rhapsody to get it to communicate with my slimserver. It would be great to include this in the wiki documentation.

My question(s): I can't seem to safe a Rhapsody station or playlist as part of a real playlist or as a favorite. Am I missing something? In general, as a new user, I find the favorites confusing. For example, is there anyway from the web interface to add an internet radio stream to the favorites?

Thanks!

jmpugh2ndAccount
2008-04-02, 16:18
Hey Jevelin!

I spent an hour trying to get rhapsody playlists saved in my squeezenetwork favorites with unfortunately zero success.

I tried adding them by holding down the "favorites" button while the playlist is on the screen. It will add it, but you can't play it. Bummer. Before this I spent an hour building a rhapsody playlist of music to wake up to in the morning. Then I found out that I couldn't even use it since you have to save the playlist as a favorite in order to add it to an alarm.

Oh well. I did see there is a bug report for this. We just have to hope it doesn't get pushed to the back of the list.

::fingers crossed::

bopyanker
2008-04-02, 16:36
I save my playlists in my rhapsody library. From then on just go to rhapsody>account>playlist to hear them.

jmpugh2ndAccount
2008-04-03, 06:03
I save my playlists in my rhapsody library. From then on just go to rhapsody>account>playlist to hear them.

I can play them fine by using the remote and even through SN.

The problem is you have to save the playlist as a favorite in order to associate it with an alarm.

It's odd I can click a button in SN and have it start playing, but if I try to get an alarm to play it, it fails.

The link below is the bug. Give it a vote!

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=25582&highlight=rhapsody+favorites

dylanfan
2008-04-07, 11:17
Thanks. The link just sends me to your other entry in the forums, not the bug. How do I get to the right bug in bugzilla so I can vote for it?

Also, can this be fixed easily? I can save Rhapsody tracks in my favorites on SN without problem and they play just fine. When I look at the OPML, the URL for the Rhapsody track in my favorites (which does paly) is VERY different from the URL for the playlist.