PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody for UK?

bibendum
2006-07-15, 02:51
Is there a way to access the Rhapsody trial for UK squeezebox owners?
When I try, I get a 'Rhapsody isn't available in your country' message.

Siduhe
2006-07-15, 03:34
Not an easy one, Rhapsody is a US only service due to licensing restrictions (see also Pandora [easier to get around] and emusic [increasingly more stuff is unavailable to US residents]).

AFAIK, If you can find someone with a US registered credit card to subscribe for you, and you run through a US proxy server, it is possible.

P.S. Rhapsody isn't ever likely to be available even to US subscribers on Squeezenetwork which is the forum you're posting in - not sure if that was part of the Q.

Best

bibendum
2006-07-16, 06:03
Not an easy one, Rhapsody is a US only service due to licensing restrictions (see also Pandora [easier to get around] and emusic [increasingly more stuff is unavailable to US residents]).

AFAIK, If you can find someone with a US registered credit card to subscribe for you, and you run through a US proxy server, it is possible.

P.S. Rhapsody isn't ever likely to be available even to US subscribers on Squeezenetwork which is the forum you're posting in - not sure if that was part of the Q.

Best

See link from Squeezebox:
http://www.rhapsody.com/slimdevices
I was trying to register for the free trial.
Yes, I was hoping someone might know of a workaround ( a la Pandora and the US zipcode trick).

bibendum
2006-07-17, 02:08
Wrong forum, sorry!