PDA

View Full Version : Automatically playlists?

nicky6
2006-07-12, 10:12
Hi,

I had ripped all my CD's before buying the SB3 and during the rip, I had the ripping SW produce playlists (m3u) and storing them in the same directory as the mp3-files themselves (E:\My Music\<artist>\<album>\)

As I understand it, the Slimserver software does only look for playlists in the directory I specify, and no folders below that directory? At least that how it works in my setup. I've stored the "E:\My Music" path in slimserver where it shall look for playlists and only the playlists in that directory are shown in slimserver/SB3.

My question to the community is if you know of any software I can use to either 1. move the playlists and automatically have them updated to reflect the correct file structure so that the playlists actually work, or 2. I move the playlists manually and I have a SW go through my playlists and update the file paths respectively so that they can play.

I'd prefer option 2.

Anyone?

Siduhe
2006-07-12, 10:30
2. I move the playlists manually and I have a SW go through my playlists and update the file paths respectively so that they can play.

I'd prefer option 2.

Anyone?

I'm not sure how well this would work for mass re-naming of file paths in m3u files, but for the occasional playlist that I need to rework, I find:

http://www.joejaworski.com/m3u/

is very good.

simonjedrake
2006-07-12, 12:29
Does any-one know of any software that will auto change/edit directory paths in an itunes.xml libary file.
I have a normal itunes setup, but I copy my "music" & itunes "playlists" across to my Qnap NAS box which does not recognise the playlist contents even though it see's the playlist names.

Many Thanks
Simon

kdf
2006-07-12, 12:42
Quoting simonjedrake
<simonjedrake.2aukjz1152732601 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Does any-one know of any software that will auto change/edit directory
> paths in an itunes.xml libary file.

you should be able to use find/replace from any half decent text editor.
-kdf