PDA

View Full Version : Access the database directly

socialxray
2006-07-10, 17:25
How can I access the slim server database directly?

Ben Sandee
2006-07-10, 18:03
On 7/10/06, socialxray <
socialxray.2ar93z1152577801 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
>
> How can I access the slim server database directly?
>
>
There are probably other ways but one way is to make sure SlimServer is shut
down so that you don't run into locking issues and then use a hex editor.

HTH,
Ben

socialxray
2006-07-10, 20:19
It is the strangest thing. Dante's Lament from the Clerks soundtrack always seems to be classified in its own album. So I end up with 2 Clerks albums. One with Dante's Lament and the other with all the rest. I have edited the tag all sorts of ways making extra sure that the ablum title is correct. I have used both Media Monkey and Foobar2000 but everytime I clear and rescan the library this FLAC file comes up in its own album.

I though I could access the database directly and manually change the Album ID.

Any ideas?

snarlydwarf
2006-07-10, 21:11
Well, you can, but the catch is that you would lose any changes whenever you rescan or when it reads that file and notices that it changed.

I don't know MediaMonkey or Foobar, but as I recall Foobar sort of cheats with tags and keeps its own database... it can lie to you, in other words, about what tags are there. A quick look around shows there is a 'rescan' in Foobar to make it reread tags.

socialxray
2006-07-10, 22:09
Thanks Snarly

I did a bit a research and found that a few have had various versions of this problem. The fix is to set a field (or property or whatever it is called) in the tag called COMPILATION and give it a value of one. Then Clear and Rescan the library. You must clear and rescan for the tag to take effect.

I used Foobar2000 to do this and it was pretty easy. Highlight the song, right click -> properties. Click on the Add New button.

Unfortunately there was no provision in Media Monkey to add such a field so you will need a good tag editor (like Foobar2000).