PDA

View Full Version : Loading Slimserver on QNAPs

rhyzome
2006-07-09, 16:56
If you didn't buy it preconfigured. Don't use my Squeezeboxes much these days but since I'm getting hold of a couple of QNAPs I thought it might be a cool thing to do.

Search on this site seems to be ****ed.

I understand that there's a trick to loading Slimserver on the QNAPs. What functionality of the original firmware do you lose by putting Slimserver on, and is it actually possible for a Linux-loather to stick Slimserver onto one of these boxes or is it the sole domain of the preloaded QNAPs?

davidcotton
2006-07-09, 23:34
At the mo it seems to be the domain of the preloaded qnaps I'm afraid. PM ultra238a (Paul from progressive av who supplys the preloaded qnaps)just to confirm that though!

funkstar
2006-07-10, 09:15
Yeah, at the moment there is no way to load SlimServer onto a Qnap that didn't come with it originally, or if you replace the hard drive.

There is apparently a Firmware in the works from Progressive AV that will allow you to setup SlimServer on any TS-101. Apparently this will be available from Progressive as opposed to Qnap. I don't know the time scale for this update though.

Paul from Progressive has installed SlimServer on other Units for a small fee in the past.

rhyzome
2006-07-12, 04:04
Thanks. Use the Macs for music playback in any case but just curious in case I blow the dust off the Squeezeboxen since I'm planning to have several TS-101's.