PDA

View Full Version : A Few Problems with SB2

Orb
2006-07-08, 02:08
I've a few things that annoy me about my SB2's so I thought I'd post them and see if solutions are available.

1. even if my computer has been on, the first time I turn on my SB2 it takes about a minute before you can do anything. It just seems to sit there locked up. I thought it might have been my hard drive as it was rather old so I replaced it, still the same slow start. Once SB gets going its fine.

2. I find the forward & reverse through a track absolutely unusable on my SB2. Sometimes I might want to just skip to a section of a track but I have concluded it cannot be done on the SB2. In most cases it will crash the SB.

3. I notice that syncing up my two SB2's or soft squeeze is not that accurate and there is quite often out of sync syncing going on.

Other than those niggles I love my SB2's.

danco
2006-07-08, 03:12
1. Something wrong there. Let us know more details. What OS,and are you turning on from standby with the power button, or actually turning mains power on and off? I've just checked and from standby to main menu ("Browse Music Folder") took five seconds or less.

2. I find the Song Scanner plugin a useful alternative. Because I listen to a lot of longradio programs that I have downloaded to disk, I use a modified version of the scanner that moves by 10% of total time at each press.

Orb
2006-07-08, 04:28
[QUOTE=danco]1. Something wrong there. Let us know more details. What OS,and are you turning on from standby with the power button, or actually turning mains power on and off? I've just checked and from standby to main menu ("Browse Music Folder") took five seconds or less.[QUOTE]

Hi
Slim Server 6.2.2
XP SP2
SB is always plugged in so I turn it on from standby.

radish
2006-07-08, 08:54
The problem at startup could be your server's disks spinning up. A minute seems like a long time, but if you have more than one disk and they're all spun down it could certainly take 30 seconds. In that time the server (and thus the SB) would be pretty unresponsive.