PDA

View Full Version : How does one import from Itunes?

gdg
2006-07-07, 22:31
I been using EAC to ripp my music and set a folder which Slimserver scans and imports from. Now I have some stuff ripped into Itunes and encoded in AIFF. How do I get Slimserver to update and import from Itunes? I checked the box "use Itunes" in the server settings.
Gerry

gdg
2006-07-07, 23:16
I was fooling with Slimserver and noticed that there was an update which I then downloaded. After downloading the new software for my Squeezebox low and behold the CD I had ripped into Itunes was now in my Slimserver library. Cool!

ajmitchell
2006-07-08, 00:33
You have to re-scan for itunes listings to show up (or manunally point to the file and play). Re-scan will also reveal any itunes playlists if you want to use this feature.

gdg
2006-07-08, 02:22
You have to re-scan for itunes listings to show up (or manunally point to the file and play). Re-scan will also reveal any itunes playlists if you want to use this feature.

Don't you have to rescan whenever new music is added regardless of where it's stored?
Gerry

radish
2006-07-08, 09:11
Don't you have to rescan whenever new music is added regardless of where it's stored?
Gerry
Yes - although an automatic nightly rescan can make things a little more seamless.