PDA

View Full Version : Help! My SlimServer UI is mucked up



TiredLegs
2006-07-06, 03:58
When I access the web interface to SlimServer on my LinkStation (6.3.0 - 8154 - Linux - EN - iso-8859-1) I now get a bunch of placeholders instead of graphic images on the Home page. See attached image. This is using the default skin, but other skins show similar problems.

The interface used to be OK, and I don't know of anything that changed. Anybody have any suggestions on how to fix it?

mherger
2006-07-06, 09:39
> When I access the web interface to SlimServer on my LinkStation (6.3.0 -
> 8154 - Linux - EN - iso-8859-1) I now get a bunch of placeholders
> instead of graphic images on the Home page. See attached image. This is
> using the default skin, but other skins show similar problems.

Have you tried another browser (is this IE 7?)? And did you flush the
cache, force a reload of that page (ctrl-f5)?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

TiredLegs
2006-07-06, 10:10
Have you tried another browser (is this IE 7?)? And did you flush the cache, force a reload of that page (ctrl-f5)?
The screen capture is with IE 7. I have also tried FireFox, and it shows the same effect. I'll try flushing the cache when I get home later today.

TiredLegs
2006-07-06, 10:40
By the way, the problem only occurs when viewing the web interface for SlimServer on the LinkStation. When I point the same web browser to a version of SlimServer on the local machine (localhost:9000), everything looks normal.

spafonyx
2006-07-06, 12:32
I had this same problem today, suddenly. Restarting SlimServer cleared it right up.

TiredLegs
2006-07-06, 12:59
I had this same problem today, suddenly. Restarting SlimServer cleared it right up.
Was that restarting the SlimServer app running on the LinkStation (e.g. rebooting the LinkStation), or just reinitiating SlimServer access through the web browser?

spafonyx
2006-07-06, 14:11
Was that restarting the SlimServer app running on the LinkStation (e.g. rebooting the LinkStation), or just reinitiating SlimServer access through the web browser?

You could certainly reboot the LinkStation, but I'd think that just stopping then restarting the service would do the same thing. That's what I did. Of course, I'm running on an extra WinXP box as my server, not a LinkStation, so rebooting may be easier for you.

TiredLegs
2006-07-06, 14:32
You could certainly reboot the LinkStation, but I'd think that just stopping then restarting the service would do the same thing. That's what I did. Of course, I'm running on an extra WinXP box as my server, not a LinkStation, so rebooting may be easier for you.
Yes, it's quite easy to reboot the LinkStation. I have already done so at least once since the UI problem began, but the problem remained. So, I was trying to understand which "restart" fixed the problem on your system.

I find it interesting that you had the problem on a WinXP server. Somethin' fishy going on with SlimServer 6.3.0.

spafonyx
2006-07-06, 18:23
Yes, it's quite easy to reboot the LinkStation. I have already done so at least once since the UI problem began, but the problem remained. So, I was trying to understand which "restart" fixed the problem on your system.

I find it interesting that you had the problem on a WinXP server. Somethin' fishy going on with SlimServer 6.3.0.

Yeah, I'd have to agree that something's awry with 6.3.0. Hope you get your UI unmucked.

TiredLegs
2006-07-06, 19:42
Well, I managed to get the SlimServer UI back to normal by using telnet to send a reboot command to the LinkStation. Not sure how that's any different than just power cycling the LinkStation, but the effect was different (unless it was coincidental).

If the problem happens again, I'll see if I can figure out what sequence of events triggered it.

Thanks for people's help and suggestions.