PDA

View Full Version : Rhapsody Link

Boone
2006-07-05, 14:31
I updated to 6.3.0 today. No problems, but I can not find a connection for Rhapsody. I'm located in the U.S. and have an existing Rhapsody account. Where is the link located?

andyg
2006-07-05, 14:47
Are you running the Rhapsody application and signed in with your Rhapsody account?

Boone
2006-07-05, 17:03
Yes. I can run Rhapsody on my computer using their software, but I see no link on the SlimServer software or the Squeezebox to access it. I expected it would be under Internet Radio or Plugins, but I didn't find it.

tom permutt
2006-07-05, 17:06
You actually have to fire up the Rhapsody application and sign on, and have the Rhapsody UPnP server enabled in the Rhapsody settings. Then it appears in the SlimServer web interface on the main menu, and on the SqueezeBox (oddly, in my opinion) under Browse Music.

Boone
2006-07-05, 17:19
I did that, but it still doesn't show. Where in the Browse Music folder?

andyg
2006-07-05, 17:48
Try running with --d_plugins. Restarting SlimServer when Rhapsody is already running may also help. It's one of those things that should 'just work', unfortunately 6.3 is a bit light on debugging info for UPnP when it doesn't work.

markc
2006-07-06, 08:20
There is a wiki that has been recently started on this issue:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?RhapsodySetup

I had the same problem in not having Rhapsody visible within Slimserver. In addition to the wiki instructions, I also found that my firewall software was interfering with the UPnP communications between Rhapsody and Slimserver. Try disabling your firewall to see if that makes a difference.

Boone
2006-07-06, 11:05
Thanks for your help, but I've followed the instructions and still can't find a link to Rhapsody on either Slimserver or Squeezebox. Hopefully, they will come up with a more direct way to access Rhapsody in future software versions.