PDA

View Full Version : Treo 700p

pedalvet
2006-07-04, 13:40
I've been trying to use Slimserver to stream to my Treo 700p, but am having limited luck so far. I can find all of the music on my PC by logging in using the handheld interface. I can cue up a playlist from any of the albums stored there in FLAC. The PC will transcode to mp3, and I limit the bitrate to 128kbps or even 64kbps. I can connect to the stream using Pocket Tunes. Unfortunately I get constant buffering interuptions. I know I can stream @ 128 kbps from other sources (radioio etc) with no problem, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Is anyone successfully streaming from their PC to the 700p using Slimserver?

pedalvet
2006-07-05, 07:39
By the way, if nothing else, the speed of the internet connection on the new Treo 700p (ie EVDO) makes using it as a remote but more rewarding. The handheld interface is not perfect for the 320 x 320 screen, but it works for browsing and cuing up tracks. This is convenient for me because my stereo and Sqeezebox are located in the den, while my speakers are in the living room at the other end of the house.

If anyone has any suggestions for streaming to the Treo I'd appreciate it.

deserttaxguy
2006-07-05, 12:48
Especially around your house, you will like the wifi connection instead of the EVDO stuff. Its much faster and has a bigger screen I think.
I'm not streaming to mine, but do use it as a remote.
Why do you want to stream to your Treo? To use some earbuds and listen? Get some wireless headphones and its better.
Just my opinion.

pedalvet
2006-07-05, 18:49
Especially around your house, you will like the wifi connection instead of the EVDO stuff. Its much faster and has a bigger screen I think.
I'm not streaming to mine, but do use it as a remote.
Why do you want to stream to your Treo? To use some earbuds and listen? Get some wireless headphones and its better.
Just my opinion.

Unfortunately the 700p does not have wifi. I'd like to be able to listen in the car (I use a cassette adaptor to listen to Audible books etc), or at the beach for example.