PDA

View Full Version : Firmware version regressing to 48?

vsu
2006-07-03, 05:46
I wonder if you have experienced something similar...
I had version 54 (upgrade promted by my SB) and now, when I have installed slimserver on a different laptop and started it as a server, my firmware version seems to have regressed to 48!
I might have installed an 6.2.sumthin on the new laptop, but i have two questions:
1. isnt the firmware backwards compatible, i.ehanks. if you have the latest but you are running and older server, you should hsve to go "back in time" with the firmware

2. how do i see which ver of the server i have running anyway? cant find the menu ...

thanks,
v

mherger
2006-07-03, 05:55
> 1. isnt the firmware backwards compatible, i.ehanks. if you have the
> latest but you are running and older server, you should hsve to go
> "back in time" with the firmware

Firmware and server always must match. Every server will up-/downgrade the
FW if it doesn't.

> 2. how do i see which ver of the server i have running anyway? cant
> find the menu ...

Web interface -> "server settings" at the bottom.

Or player -> Settings -> Information -> Server information

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

aubuti
2006-07-03, 06:00
Re your 2nd question, you can find out the server version by either (a) going to "Server settings" on the web interface, where it's shown at the bottom of the page, or (b) using the SB remote, go to Settings / Information / Server information.

On your 1st question, it is normal for the firmware to update to match the server version, even if it means rolling back the firmware to a previous version. I've heard there are ways to force an older version of SS to allow newer firmware. I think it's as simple as overwriting the files in the Firmware/ subdirectory of the slimserver installation, but I have no idea if there are any negative consequesnces of doing this.