PDA

View Full Version : Rescan music library

opchiasm
2006-07-02, 17:13
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm using 6.3.0 on XP Pro with a SB2. All files are 192 kbs mp3.

Unless I do a manual "Clear library and rescan everything", my library doesn't get updated. A manual "Look for new and changed music" goes through the motions, but nothing gets added. I've got the "Rescan music library" active, but it never does anything.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

JJZolx
2006-07-02, 18:13
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm using 6.3.0 on XP Pro with a SB2. All files are 192 kbs mp3.

Unless I do a manual "Clear library and rescan everything", my library doesn't get updated. A manual "Look for new and changed music" goes through the motions, but nothing gets added. I've got the "Rescan music library" active, but it never does anything.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
To tell the truth, it used to be pretty unreliable and wouldn't drop deleted or moved files and wouldn't update changes made to internal tags (it may still work that way, I wouldn't really know). I think many people just always use the "clear library" variation so they don't have to worry about why this file was missed, or that one was added twice, or why they have three different spellings of some artist name. It takes a lot longer, but I don't scan so often that it's a problem. Just launch a scan before going to work in the AM or before going to bed.

If you're only adding a couple albums/folders full of files then Browse Music Folder is the quickest way to do it.

opchiasm
2006-07-02, 18:45
Thanks for the response, Jim.