PDA

View Full Version : Problems running slimserver 6.3.0 on Linkstation II

gbruzzo
2006-07-01, 05:23
Hi all,

I have very recently tried to install slimserver 6.3.0 on the LS II (with mipsel processor) with openlink 0.52b, Devtools and MipselSlimServerModules installed, and have been encountering series of issues.

1) the slimserver.pl does not start, because there seems to be a perl module missing, that is I get

Starting SlimServer: The following modules failed to load: Digest::SHA1"

2) in another part of the forum, it was suggested to run build-perl-modules.pl in \slimserver\Bin : the perl script runs fine until it stops, saying

Configuring..
/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL
Up/Downgrade complete.
Building..
Up/Downgrade complete.
make: *** [Makefile] Error 1
Can't stat blib: No such file or directory
at ./build-perl-modules.pl line 282
Couldn't find a valid dynamic library for Compress-Zlib-1.33.tar.gz - something
is wrong. Exiting!

4) I tried a suggestion given to me, that is to set up a link as follows

cd /usr/bin
ln -s gcc cc

and rerun the perl script.

5) still, I get the same problem. In another forum, I seem to remember someone pointing out, that "make" maybe missing from my LS II.

Question: has anyone encountered this specific problem? Has anyone got a suggestion?

I suspect the main issue may have a lot to do with my misunderstanding of Linux...please be patient!

Thank you very much in advance,

Giacomo

aubuti
2006-07-03, 06:13
If you installed the development tools correctly then you should have 'make'. It's hard to figure out where you might have gone wrong, but it's at least easy to confirm whether or not you have make on your system. At the command line type "which make" (without the quotes) and if it responds with something like "/usr/bin/make" then make is installed on your system and the problem lies elsewhere. If it just comes back to the prompt, or says something like "make not found in ......" then you don't have make.

Good luck.