PDA

View Full Version : Firmware requests-if possible?

ZappaLover
2006-06-29, 09:19
Perhaps this is the wrong venue, but I'm sure somebody here will be happy to inform mw of that...

I have no idea if this is even possible, but 2 issues I find with the Squeezebox (3) are...

Disabling JVC remote codes only works when your computer is on. Once you've shut the power sucker off & settle down in front of the brain sucker, the JVC codes are active again. Every time you pause your JVC DVD the Squeezebox lights up for a moment or two. Big deal? Not really, but it would be great if that could go away.

It would also be great if the time would display when the computer was shut down. I suspect this is even less likely, but maybe that info could be pulled off the Squeezenetwork somehow? The clock feature is pretty spiffy (I've always thought that VCR/DVD manufacturers got it wrong with their display options...Dimmed when off. Isn't that what most people use for a clock?), but not worth keeping the computer/server on for.

These are pretty minor quibbles, perhaps insurmountable. Other than these 2 items, I am very pleased with the performance & ease of use. I had an Omnifi DMS1 set up previously, & it was an exercise in frustration. Had a 10,000 song limit unless you used buggy third party software. In contrast everything I've done with SS has been very slick.

TIA,
Kevin

Mark Lanctot
2006-06-29, 11:11
Disabling JVC remote codes only works when your computer is on. Once you've shut the power sucker off & settle down in front of the brain sucker, the JVC codes are active again. Every time you pause your JVC DVD the Squeezebox lights up for a moment or two. Big deal? Not really, but it would be great if that could go away.

?

Do you mean after your SlimServer is off your Squeezebox will respond to a JVC remote?

Most people have their Squeezebox connected to an always-on server, either their own SlimServer or SqueezeNetwork, which would avoid this issue.

It would also be great if the time would display when the computer was shut down. I suspect this is even less likely, but maybe that info could be pulled off the Squeezenetwork somehow? The clock feature is pretty spiffy (I've always thought that VCR/DVD manufacturers got it wrong with their display options...Dimmed when off. Isn't that what most people use for a clock?), but not worth keeping the computer/server on for.

Why not just keep it logged in to SqueezeNetwork? That would solve the first problem too.

ZappaLover
2006-06-30, 18:44
?

Why not just keep it logged in to SqueezeNetwork? That would solve the first problem too.

Now I just knew somebody would have an answer for me. I hadn't actually tried leaving the Squeezebox connected to Squeezenetwork (don't have a lot of use for it personally, but a nice extra). Both of my quibbles are now solved. Thank you for your input.

Kevin

Mark Lanctot
2006-06-30, 19:05
Now I just knew somebody would have an answer for me. I hadn't actually tried leaving the Squeezebox connected to Squeezenetwork (don't have a lot of use for it personally, but a nice extra). Both of my quibbles are now solved. Thank you for your input.

Kevin

Good to hear! :-)