PDA

View Full Version : Streaming to SlimServer

malinim
2006-06-28, 19:07
Has anyone tried or is able to send streaming audio from programs like WinAmp or BMP Studio from another computer to the Slim Server to play on the SlimBox. I have been trying to use Shoutcast but finding it difficult to get it to SlimServer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

smc2911
2006-06-28, 19:09
Has anyone tried or is able to send streaming audio from programs like WinAmp or BMP Studio from another computer to the Slim Server to play on the SlimBox. I have been trying to use Shoutcast but finding it difficult to get it to SlimServer. Any help is greatly appreciated.
It would be worth checking first whether SlimServer can source the content directly. ShoutCast, for example, can be streamed directly be SlimServer.

malinim
2006-06-29, 18:29
My goal is to have my BMP studio (DJ software) send it's audio output to the remote Squeeze Box that is connected to my outdoor audio system. I was under the inpression that the Slim Server and the Squeeze box had some handshaking to each other rather than just streaming to it. If I can bypass Slim Server and use shoutcast or icecast that would be great. I have been trying to do that but cannot get it to work, so I assumed the Squeeze box would not accept Streaming audio.

radish
2006-06-29, 20:19
If you setup icecast or shoutcast you can use the radio functionality in slimserver to forward the stream to the squeezebox. Go to the Radio Tune In page and enter the URL to your icecast stream.

funkstar
2006-06-30, 02:03
I was under the inpression that the Slim Server and the Squeeze box had some handshaking to each other rather than just streaming to it.
SqueezeBox and SlimServer do more than just handshake, everything you see on the SBs screen is generated by Slimserver. The unit itself has very little software and functionality. Other than initial setup everything is handled be either your own SlimServer or SqueezeNetwork (a geat SlimServer in the sky).

As Radish said, if you can get BMP studios output streamed from shoutcast or icecast then you can just 'tune' to that stream like you would to any interent radio stream in SlimServer and have it play on your SB.