PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate/triplicate artist names

madfuzu
2006-06-27, 12:26
My slimserver has just started duplicating or even (see attached JPG) triplicating artist names in the web GUI.

I have the title format set to "ARTIST - TITLE" and it's been working ok for the last few days. I saw this effect for the first time when I restarted my slimserver after it has been shutdown for a couple of days.

I searched the forums and couldn't seen anything like this reported by anyone else, does anyone have any ideas why this might be?

Steve

__________________________________________________ ___________
Squeezebox 3 Wireless
SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 7135 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252
AlienBBC 1.01
Edit/Delete Message

aubuti
2006-06-27, 13:00
That's bizarre! First, what format are your music files in? Second, have you examined your tags using a tagging utility like mp3tag? I'm guessing (and only guessing at this stage) that you could get this if you had FLAC files with multiple ARTIST tags, although there are probably other things that can cause this.

If the tags look okay and you haven't already done so, you should do a clear & rescan, or better yet, delete the cache file and let slimserver rebuild it from scratch. Good luck.

madfuzu
2006-06-27, 13:05
Thanks.

I also just noticed that if I browse artists, every artist is listed 3 times too. I will try the clear and rescan to see if it cures it.

Steve

__________________________________________________ ___________
Squeezebox 3 Wireless
SlimServer Version: 6.2.2 - 7135 - Windows 2000 - EN - cp1252
AlienBBC 1.01

madfuzu
2006-06-27, 13:13
Oh .. and my files are all mp3 with good, single artist tags that appeared normal before.

kdf
2006-06-27, 13:17
Fro 6.2 it is known that MusicMagic may cause duplicates for tracks
that have non-latin characters.

There is also a known issue if you are using the Lzay Search plugin.
I'm not sure if the workarounds were available by the time 6.2.2 was
released or not.
-k

madfuzu
2006-06-29, 13:03
Fixed by rebuilding the library. Strange that something must have corrupted it.

I do have lazysearch, and musicip plugins. I will search for known issues with these.

Thanks aubuti and kdf.

Steve

kdf
2006-06-29, 14:01
Quoting madfuzu <madfuzu.2a6jib1151611502 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> I do have lazysearch, and musicip plugins. I will search for known
> issues with these.
>
Two known issues:
search for new and changed causes dupes with lazysearch
musicIP can result in dupes if the pathnames include non-latin characters

not sure what bug numbers these are attached to currently. I think
both were not reflected directly in the original report.
-k

hickinbottoms
2006-06-30, 04:24
search for new and changed causes dupes with lazysearch

Sadly, yes, with SlimServer 6.2/6.3 that is the case. The bugzilla numbers are #2511 and #2531 (I think your problem is specifically the first of these two).

This problem is resolved with SlimServer 6.5 and the 6.5-compatible version of the plugin, but unfortunately I can't apply the same fix to the 6.2/6.3 version because it relies on a small database change that has only been made to the 6.5 version (see bug #2625).

By the way, if anyone's listening, I'm still getting around to refreshing the 6.5 version to be compatible with the post-split-scanner work that has now dropped into the trunk - I'll post to the plugins list when that's done, but I've not forgotten.