PDA

View Full Version : Intel (especially) Mac users needed to help development

danco
2006-06-24, 23:08
We are trying to get easy and reliable installation instructions for AlienBBC on Macs. We have what we think works ok, but need someone who is prepared to spend some time testing the instructions on an Intel Mac.

This would need someone willing to create users on their machine, install and remove files, etc., but I can indicate what is needed.

Further testing on a non-Intel Mac (G4, G5, or even G3) would be useful, too.

Kevin O. Lepard
2006-06-25, 08:38
>Further testing on a non-Intel Mac (G4, G5, or even G3) would be
>useful, too.

I can try this on a G3. I use an old G3 to run slimserver.

Feel free to email me with instructions.

Kevin
--
Kevin O. Lepard

Happiness is being 100% Microsoft free.

Philippe SCHMUCK
2006-06-25, 12:19
Le 25 juin 06 à 08:08, danco a écrit :

>
> We are trying to get easy and reliable installation instructions for
> AlienBBC on Macs. We have what we think works ok, but need someone who
> is prepared to spend some time testing the instructions on an Intel
> Mac.
>
> This would need someone willing to create users on their machine,
> install and remove files, etc., but I can indicate what is needed.
>
> Further testing on a non-Intel Mac (G4, G5, or even G3) would be
> useful, too.
>
>
> --
> danco
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --

I can do it on my iMac Intel ; let me know ...

danco
2006-06-25, 13:15
Thanks.

Philippe, I'm still trying to find out which versions of mplayer and lame work on Intel Macs. It's not worth doing anything else until I know this, as the instructions will depend on where one gets the programs.

Kevin, once I have a bit more time I will send you instructions in a private message.

danco
2006-06-25, 23:29
Kevin, I tried to send you a private message, but got told "the following users were not found. Kevin O. Lepard". Maybe you have not enabled private messaging.

And I couldn't see how to send an email to you (or any user). I am obviously missing something basic about the forums, as I don't know how to find a place to send emails to a user who is not online.

cepheid
2006-06-26, 07:41
danco,

Kevin and some other users read/post to this forum through email, not through the web interface. I don't believe it's possible to send those users email or PMs via the web interface.

You can identify email users because they have "N/A" listed as their post count.

Kevin, I tried to send you a private message, but got told "the following users were not found. Kevin O. Lepard". Maybe you have not enabled private messaging.

And I couldn't see how to send an email to you (or any user). I am obviously missing something basic about the forums, as I don't know how to find a place to send emails to a user who is not online.

danco
2006-06-26, 08:06
danco,

Kevin and some other users read/post to this forum through email, not through the web interface. I don't believe it's possible to send those users email or PMs via the web interface.

You can identify email users because they have "N/A" listed as their post count.

Ah, I used to post through email myself, but decided that the forums were easier to use.

But I'm obviously missing something very simple (or possibly Kevin, because he uses email, is missing it). Kevin said "feel free to email me", but how do I find his email address - and same for Philippe? Quite likely, if I used email reading I would have Kevin's address in his post, but as it is how can I find it?

Kevin O. Lepard
2006-06-26, 09:20
danco

Sorry about the mixup. I just PM'd you. I am primarily a mailing
list dweller.

I just checked my settings on the forum, I do have PMing enabled, but
I suspect that because my contribution was from email, you can't
click on my name to PM me. It would be cool of contributions from
the mailing list got associated with the appropriate username on the
form, but it doesn't seem to.

In anycase my username is "kolepard"

Kevin
--
Kevin O. Lepard

Happiness is being 100% Microsoft free.

danco
2006-06-28, 00:18
Philippe, let me know how to email you, and I'll send instructions. Thanks.