PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver Remote

nukeman
2006-06-18, 23:36
Hi Guys,

this is my first post as a new Squeezebox/Slimserver user. I`m currently trying to find the best way to control my SB remotely. The SB RC has all the functions but i want a small graphical user interface like my windows mobile 5.0 device to control and search via WLAN/Bluetooth.I know there are a few solutions out there but i`m interested in your opinions even if you use different devices (graphical remote controls, Nevo, Pronto, Nokia 770...)

Thanks in advance

mherger
2006-06-18, 23:49
> RC has all the functions but i want a small graphical user interface
> like my windows mobile 5.0 device to control and search via
> WLAN/Bluetooth.

First choice: the Handheld skin. Try http://yourserver:9000/Handheld

My SlimRemote app currently knows some issues with Windows Mobile 5.0.
Otherwise I would have recommended it ;-)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
SlimString Translation Helper (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

funkstar
2006-06-19, 01:57
In SlimServer 6.5 (still bleeding edge beta, with a lot changing atm) there is a custom skin designed specifically for the Nokia 770. There is also some work being done on a PSP skin too.

Some find the 770 to be an excellent device, others find it too slow.

Personally if it was possible i would suggest trying to find someone you can borrow a unit off of for a try out. Might not be possible, depends on how many geeky/techy friends you have (i don't have enough) :)

deserttaxguy
2006-06-19, 11:36
I use my Palm and it works fine. You get to see the exact web interface unless you want other skin. This only works though to control slim server, and the squeeze box through that. I havent been able to control the squeeze box directly like you can with the remote thats furnished. I listen to direct internet radio off the squeeznetwork quite abit and I would like to be able to sign off and on with the palm remote, instead of having to go to the squeeze box and doing the change from slimserver to squeezenetwork manually.
All in all, its a nice system and works well.