PDA

View Full Version : Scanning trouble - is this pervasive?

dnighorn
2006-06-17, 11:09
I started a thread about a month ago regarding the scanning process. There was no reply. Now, I am seeing some additional traffic describing much the same problem.

Here goes - Yesterday, I ripped five new cds using iTunes. My setup is to use iTunes and I have quadruple checked to see if my server settings for the iTunes library and music folder locations were correct. After ripping, I did a rescan (new music only) and the process executed properly. Unfortunately, my new music does not appear in the slimserver library. It is on the disk, iTunes sees it, the .xml file contains the tracks, but slimserver doesn't see it.

The next thing that I tried was deleting the slimserver .db library file and then restarting slimserver. Slimserver came up and immediately began scanning. At the end of all of this, the new music still wasn't visible.

One more thing: I am running XP and I do have my slimserver service set to an adminstrator. This is so that my music files on an NAS can be accessed by the server.

I don't understand this behavior. Prior to the latest official release, all new music found its way to the slimserver library without a hitch. Does anyone have any insight or a fix?

grcooper
2006-06-17, 11:11
I started a thread about a month ago regarding the scanning process. There was no reply. Now, I am seeing some additional traffic describing much the same problem.

I'm seeing the same kind of thing (scanning, not lack of replies ;-)

-gary

radish
2006-06-17, 12:49
Not much insight I'm afraid, except that I don't see the same problem, and I don't use iTunes. My guess would be it's iTunes related somehow. Other than that I can't be much help.

web161
2006-06-17, 18:54
Same here. I stopped using the iTunes functionality a year ago because it never worked right. Sometimes albums would not show up as you described. More often, though, was the trouble of albums showing up with each track in the database twice.

Disable iTunes checking...you'll never be happy with it.

NWP
2006-06-18, 10:12
Which format are you ripping to?