PDA

View Full Version : How do you create favorites through the web interface?

Michaelwagner
2006-06-13, 19:27
Or, alternatively, having created them with the remote, how do you fix their names? Some radio favorites got named for the ugly URLs. I want to either create them with my own names or change the names to be "user friendly".

(sorry, should have said, I'm using the default skin)

aubuti
2006-06-13, 22:17
Not sure about the answer to the original question, but for the alternative you can edit slimserver.pref. It has a block called "favorite_titles" with the names of the favorites, followed by a block of "favorite_urls", which has the corresponding URLs (in the same order). You can also re-order your favorites this way, just making sure to keep the user-friendly names and the URLs in the same order.

I'm not 100% sure it's necessary, but it's probably a good idea to shutdown slimserver before editing slimserver.pref manually. It can't hurt.

NWP
2006-06-14, 01:23
I asked this question a little while ago and the answer I got was "you can't create favorites through the web interface, only through your squeezebox"

If that answer is incorrect, hopefully someone will correct me. If you want to bookmark a radio station, you could always make it a playlist.

rick's cafe
2006-06-14, 01:57
as far as I am aware you can create your favourites in both Slimserver (and edit names as described above) AND you can also create a separte list of Favourites through the web interface on Squeezenetwork (once logged in of course) .. the interface will allow you to edit names & urls

Hope this helps

JJZolx
2006-06-14, 12:51
Or, alternatively, having created them with the remote, how do you fix their names? Some radio favorites got named for the ugly URLs. I want to either create them with my own names or change the names to be "user friendly".

(sorry, should have said, I'm using the default skin)
Michael, see this thread:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=18825

Another link. It's Fairly easy to clean up the titles:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=90120&postcount=3