PDA

View Full Version : All of a sudden - my Squeezebox will not connect to my wireless network.

iamnotmad
2006-06-13, 05:26
Hi all, all of a sudden the squeeze box refuses to connect to my network. Nothing has changed - I was crusing around listening to some shoutcast streams and it locked up. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and now it will not connect at ALL.

It does show a signal strength, and everything seems normal. My wifes laptop connects to the same network just fine, and so does my PSP. No love for the squeezbox however.

I've checked my WAP, and Router, and checked the network settings on the squeezebox. What else can I do with the squeezebox to troubleshoot this?

Thanks for any help.

rick's cafe
2006-06-13, 06:00
have you checked your pc to see if Slimserver is still running.. I have recently encountered a similar problem where for some reason (still unknown to me) Slimserver just stops running for no aaparent reason

hope that helps

iamnotmad
2006-06-13, 07:48
have you checked your pc to see if Slimserver is still running.. I have recently encountered a similar problem where for some reason (still unknown to me) Slimserver just stops running for no aaparent reason

hope that helps

It is running, but in fact it does not even get that far - as the squeezebox will not even connect to my network anymore.

radish
2006-06-13, 08:59
Check the MAC address hasn't been scrambled (this happens randomly from time to time). The correct MAC address is on the bottom of the unit - you can edit it via the network settings menu if needed.

iamnotmad
2006-06-13, 10:04
Well, it was not the MAC address. But I did get it working somehow. I adjusted my WAP for one thing. Could it have been the signal strength? It was 60%, I got it up to 66-70%. Not sure if that was what did it, but I am back in business at least.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Millwood
2006-06-14, 15:11
I just saw a behavior that I thought was fixed eons ago. My SB suddenly was not talking to the server. It claimed to have wireless signal strength, but would not connect. I'm sorry to say I didn't do a good job of diagnosis. But my router did "see" the SB.

Restarting the SB by holding down the left arrow cleared it.

I'm running latest 6.3 with Firmware 54.