PDA

View Full Version : Browsing artists using 6.5 and split scanner

Philip Meyer
2006-06-03, 02:43
I just updated to SVN 7720, which I believe includes a fix for browsing Various Artists. It's not working for me.

I have "Group compilation albums together" ticked. I did a full rescan.

Browse Artists reports: "1279 albums with 15667 songs by 698 artists." which seems about right (with contributing artists exploded). Then, just below the library status it reports "Items 1 to 69 of 444" (I guess that's my total with compilation artists not exploded into the overall list).

However, when I browse into "Various Artists", I see "4 albums with 32 songs by 1 artist" (the artist is Pineapple Thief).

There are actually 3 albums, plus "All Songs". If I click "All Songs", it lists almost all songs in my whole music collection "Items 1 to 122 of 15531", which is 136 songs short of the total song count.

Phil

Philip Meyer
2006-06-03, 03:10
>However, when I browse into "Various Artists", I see "4 albums with 32 songs by 1 artist" (the artist is Pineapple Thief).

I've just noticed that if I browse to Various Artists from the "V" link page, I get different results. I actually see some various artist albums, but only about 30% of what I was expecting. Before, I was clicking on "Various Artists" directly under "All Albums" on the first page.