Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • orfordi
    • May 2006

Linksys wifi crashing

I'm a newbie with a SB3. Latest version of SlimServer running on my Windows XP, SP2 box. They are connected via a Linksys 54G router using wifi. I also use a PSP and a PDA to control the SlimServer/SB3.

Most of the time, all is well. Then suddenly the SB3 crashes. Now I checked out a few of the other threads, but this seems different. It's not happened often enough to be certain, but it seems the router's wifi network stops. The SB3 becomes disconnected from the server and goes into the menu where it tries to connect to the server again.

At this point, neither my PDA or my PSP can see the wifi network anymore. I can restart things by rebooting the router.

Anyone else seen this? Any idea? I believe I have the latest firmware for my router (but will be checking again asap).
  • Millwood
    • Jan 2006

Please report your firmware level. This sounds like behavior that was fixed a while ago.
    2 SB3, 1 Duet
    Debian Buster server LMS 8.3,0
    TP-Link AX3000 Wi-Fi 6 Router wireless network.

Comment

• DrNic
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by orfordi
      At this point, neither my PDA or my PSP can see the wifi network anymore. I can restart things by rebooting the router.
      Hi
      Might this suggest that the problem lies within your router?
      If no other wireless devices can "see" the network anymore?
      Just a thought...
      (does the wired side of the router still work at this point of Wi-Fi collapse?)

Nic
      Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33908 - Red Hat - EN - utf8
      Platform Architecture: i686-linux
      Perl Version: 5.14.2 - i386-linux-thread-multi
      Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
      System: T2-WHS A3i (Intel Atom) Headless all wired Gigabit LAN, 3x SB Classic, 2x SB Touch

Comment

• orfordi
        • May 2006

Yes, my suspicion was the router. The hint was that my pda no longer sees the SID being broadcast.

Yes the wired network still works fine.

Comment

• Keith
          • May 2005

Are you using MAC address filtering?

Just that I had a similar problem with the WAP54G AP where on the previous FW MAC address vanished. The latest version 3.04 has fixed this problem but this is an AP not a router.

Comment

• vdorta
            • Aug 2005

My WRT54G works well after the previous firmware update. The latest 1.00.9 firmware is here.

Comment

• orfordi
              • May 2006

I have one of the WAG54G's with the built-in ADSL modem. No firmware update for that by the look of it :-(

Comment

• Patrick Dixon
                • Apr 2005

Mine's running 1.02.9 - but I think there are two versions of hardware and mine's the earlier one.
                www.at-tunes.co.uk

Comment

Working...