PDA

View Full Version : Is there still a moodlogic plugin for Windows?

gutted
2006-05-20, 02:57
Can't find it in the plugins section, and can't find any info on Slimserver or Squeezebox on the Moodlogic website :(

EDIT: I can see the checkbox for the moodlogic plugin in the Squeezebox web panel, but unsure how to tell Moodlogic how to connect to Slimserver. The Moodlogioc installer asks whether I have a portable MP3 player, and lists several devices; it doesn't say anything about Squeezebox though. Do I need to download extra bits from Moodlogic website? (Or, indeed, is there an additional SS plugin that I've not yet found?)

Cheers!

EDIT2: Damn - I just realised there is a separate section for 3rd-party plugin questions. Sorry! Any chance a moderator can shift this post to the "plugins" section? (sorry!)

kdf
2006-05-21, 05:30
Quoting gutted <gutted.283otz1148119201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Can't find it in the plugins section, and can't find any info on
> Slimserver or Squeezebox on the Moodlogic website :(

c:\program files\slimserver\server\slim.exe --d_moodlogic

it does exist in Plugins\MoodLogic\Plugin.pm

-kdf

gutted
2006-05-21, 08:09
Thanks KDF.

I found it in the end. Reason for the initial question is that I'm looking to try out MoodLogic, now that there is a new version available. A friend of mine, who first introduced me to Squeezebox in fact, reckons that he find MoodLogic mixes a bit better than MusicIP mixes. He feels that the generated mixes contain more complimentary songs.

Given that MoodLogic seems to be still hanging in there (and releasing a new version) I thought it worth a try.

Sadly the database seems to be a bit of a mess, and the tracks submitted by users are not always correctly tagged. It's true that I've found a couple of incorrect tags in my own MP3 library thanks to MoodLogic; but at same time I've had to spend HOURS correcting the MoodLogic tags so that they are in sync with my own libary. (Otherwise SS thinks that I have multiple tracks - e.g. tracks by 'Charlatans, The' (from my library) and various duplicate tracks by 'Charlatans' or 'The Charlatans' from the MoodLogic database).

Anyway - having sorted a good 75% of the tags, now going to give it a try to see if the mixes really are any better than MusicIP. SS rescanning my library now... I'm holding out for something special, given all the hours I've put in :)

Anyway - thanks again or your response, KDF: much appreciated!

kdf
2006-05-21, 09:43
Quoting gutted <gutted.285xuo1148224202 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Given that MoodLogic seems to be still hanging in there (and releasing
> a new version) I thought it worth a try.

new version? Looks like 2.7.1 on the site for me, which is the same
for well over a year :)
-k

gutted
2006-05-22, 12:37
Ah - I messed up there. I thought it was a new release </embarrassed>.

Anyway - finally got most of the tags sorted. Only had about 30 mins to try out a mix though - can't play with MoodLogic until I get home again, a few days from now.

But on the strength of the short test-run, I've got to say that I'm fairly impressed. The 1 mix that I had seemed a great deal smoother than the MusicIP one. I'll test it out some more when I'm back home, but things are looking good!