PDA

View Full Version : Manual scroll?

eq72521
2006-05-19, 21:24
I'm not a developer (at least of SlimServer), but this seems the best forum in which to ask my question. First, the situation. I like to display "00. Title - Artist - Album" for the currently playing track. Except in the rarest of cases, this is enough information that the display has to scroll it. Sometimes the constant scrolling becomes visually irritating. What I'd like is a way to custom map a button press on the remote (say holding one of the number buttons) to execute a manual single scroll of the display information. This way, I could set the player to "never scroll", but I would be able to scroll the information once if I wanted to see it.

I do realize that this is fairly nitpicky. I could just use "scroll once" and then press "right" on the remote to check out the artist/album/full title in the rare case that I didn't just know the information off hand. I may just move in that direction, but I thought I'd ask about the possibility of this "manual scroll" function. Maybe it's already there, but if so I've not seen anything on the forums and didn't see anything obvious in a quick perusal of the code.

Triode
2006-05-20, 02:12
> I'm not a developer (at least of SlimServer), but this seems the best
> forum in which to ask my question. First, the situation. I like to
> display "00. Title - Artist - Album" for the currently playing track.
> Except in the rarest of cases, this is enough information that the
> display has to scroll it. Sometimes the constant scrolling becomes
> visually irritating. What I'd like is a way to custom map a button
> press on the remote (say holding one of the number buttons) to execute
> a manual single scroll of the display information. This way, I could
> set the player to "never scroll", but I would be able to scroll the
> information once if I wanted to see it.

The closest you could get to this with the current code is to set the scroll mode for the player to "scroll once and stop". This
was created for people who found the constant scrolling visually distracting and I would hope meets most of your requirement. If
you want to scroll again, then you need to cause that screen to be re displayed - say by leaving that screen display and going back.
If you could map a button to a function which temporarily displays something else then this would probably do it for you.

Adrian