PDA

View Full Version : Interaction between two Squeezeboxes

Bart
2006-05-17, 02:06
Because my kitchen is quite large and the Squeezebox screen is so small I have difficulty seeing the screen from one end of the kitchen.
I would really like a larger screen and have asked before whether the VFD can be replaced with a larger off-the-shelf item.
As this is not an option I have now bought another Squeezebox (my fourth) to put at the other end of the kitchen - which brings me to my problem.
More often than not the two Squeezeboxes will both pick up the signal from the remote, but not consistently. This causes havoc with the menus, searching etc. Is there a way to make other Squeezeboxes on the network ignore the remote once one Squeezebox has picked up the signal?

DasGutHerrDoktor
2006-05-17, 15:11
Black tape over IR sensor on one of the SBs ????

azinck3
2006-05-17, 15:52
You're not going to be able to do what I think you're suggesting, which is to have both players capable of receiving signals and the server arbitrarily decide which player is sending the signal that you "intend" to send at that moment then ignore whatever's coming from the other device.

You're going to have to limit the signal reception to one unit only. You can follow the black tape suggestion, or alternatively, you can manually disable the remote codes for an individual player under player settings -> remote.

Bart
2006-05-18, 02:03
You can follow the black tape suggestion, or alternatively, you can manually disable the remote codes for an individual player under player settings -> remote.
Well, the black tape/disable the codes suggestions will not work reliably because the squeezeboxes are a long way apart and the bounced IR signals do not always register on the furthest unit. Also, they are at opposite ends of the room so if I blanked one sensor then you would have to point the remote over your shoulder as you looked at the other squeezebox.
It seems like something that could be done in the code - once one squeezebox has indicated that it has started to receive something then the others could be locked out for a few seconds? Should I file an enhancement request?