PDA

View Full Version : VU Meter is 2 bars instead of 3

grimholtz
2006-05-14, 12:14
Hi,

The VU meter on my Squeezebox3 used to have three bars, but now it's only two. I want to switch it back to three but can't find where to do it.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
grimholtz

Mark Lanctot
2006-05-14, 19:03
You're referring to the analog VU meter, right? The image is contained in the firmware and is fixed.

Most people like the new meter. If you like the older one, the only way is to revert back to an older version of SlimServer (which contains the firmware). 6.2.2 contains FW version 48, 6.2.1 contains FW version 28.

However, changing the SlimServer version and the firmware has many more effects than just the VU meter...

grimholtz
2006-05-14, 19:08
Hi,

I'm talking about the two bars at the right of the SB3 which vary in height with some property (amplitude?) of the music. There used to be three of them; now there are two fat ones. Is there anyway to change this w/o changing my slimserver version? Does slimserver auto-update because I didn't update anything...

thanks for your help,
grimholtz

aubuti
2006-05-14, 19:14
Hmm, I've never seen it with 3 bars. Just 2 bars on the digital VU, or 8 bars on the mini spectrum analyzer, or lots (30-40?) of bars on the full spectrum analyzer. Pressing "Now Playing" will cycle through the available screensavers.

stinkingpig
2006-05-14, 19:14
On 5/14/06, grimholtz <
grimholtz.27ttqn1147659001 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm talking about the two bars at the right of the SB3 which vary in
> height with some property (amplitude?) of the music. There used to be
> three of them; now there are two fat ones. Is there anyway to change
> this w/o changing my slimserver version? Does slimserver auto-update
> because I didn't update anything...
>
> thanks for your help,
> grimholtz

I have never seen three bars, but there is a mode which shows 8 bars. Keep
hitting Now Playing on the remote to cycle through the options.

These were not changed in the firmware update Mark is referring to...
rather, he's thinking of a screensaver named Analog VU.

--
"I spent all me tin with the ladies drinking gin,
So across the Western ocean I must wander" -- traditional

grimholtz
2006-05-14, 19:21
Thanks! That was it... I was confusing a VU meter with a spectrum analyzer.

Many many thanks! I love SB. When my friends come over, they all say "What's that? Oh! I want one!"

Mark Lanctot
2006-05-14, 20:48
Thanks! That was it... I was confusing a VU meter with a spectrum analyzer.

Many many thanks! I love SB. When my friends come over, they all say "What's that? Oh! I want one!"

If it's the wow factor you're going for, definitely check out the analog VU meter screensaver then!

It's not really practical for me for everyday use (I use the full-width spectrum analyzer) but it does make jaws drop - particularly the new design with finer graphics.