PDA

View Full Version : Attach/insert SB3 onto a board

Beijar
2006-05-13, 10:55
Hi.. I'm thinking of attaching/inserting a SB3 onto a board in my kitchen, right over my kitchen fan ;) I just got my idea Wife Approved ;)
The idea is to remove the back (plastic) of the SB3 and try to insert it like a caraudio player onto a board, mdf or polished metal.. It would be a great kitchen audio solution.

Is there anyone else out there that already have done this?

/L

CardinalFang
2006-05-13, 14:57
Hi.. I'm thinking of attaching/inserting a SB3 onto a board in my kitchen, right over my kitchen fan ;) I just got my idea Wife Approved ;)
The idea is to remove the back (plastic) of the SB3 and try to insert it like a caraudio player onto a board, mdf or polished metal.. It would be a great kitchen audio solution.

Is there anyone else out there that already have done this?

/L

You could try mounting it in a hole behind some acrylic, then you wouldn't need to remove the back and it would be wipe clean, which could be important in a kitchen.

Khuli
2006-05-15, 03:27
The idea is to remove the back (plastic) of the SB3 and try to insert it like a caraudio player onto a board...

Sounds like you'd be better off with an SB2... I'll trade a silver one for your SB3!

Beijar
2006-05-15, 12:31
Trade? When I just have discovered it ;) Nononono

It's the best thing I've bought in a long time!

funkstar
2006-05-15, 13:09
The SB2 is functionally identical as well as using identical hardware and software. board layout has been changed for the form factor, but that is all.

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?HardwareComparison

the last line needs updating. both SB2 and SB3 should read Fiwmware 48 (i think it is 48 anyway)

EDIT: Just changed the WiKi, hope this is ok with SlimDevices :)