PDA

View Full Version : iTunes issue missing songs

Michael Rubino
2006-05-12, 09:03
There's a difference of about 1,300 songs and 50-somthing albums and artists between my iTunes collection (which is complete) and what the Slimserver has scanned (serious holes). I've scanned and re-scanned and re-scanned, but nothing has worked. Each scan nets a different mix of tunes and combination of artists. So, for instance, one time I'll have five Rolling Stone albums with 14 songs and the next time I'll have nine albums with 78 songs.

Any suggestions?

My iTunes are stored as Apple Lossless files on an external drive, by the way. My other stats are:

SB3
Slimserver 6.2.2
OS X v. 10.4.6

Thanks.

jonheal
2006-05-12, 09:45
There's a difference of about 1,300 songs and 50-somthing albums and artists between my iTunes collection (which is complete) and what the Slimserver has scanned (serious holes). I've scanned and re-scanned and re-scanned, but nothing has worked. Each scan nets a different mix of tunes and combination of artists. So, for instance, one time I'll have five Rolling Stone albums with 14 songs and the next time I'll have nine albums with 78 songs.

Any suggestions?

My iTunes are stored as Apple Lossless files on an external drive, by the way. My other stats are:

SB3
Slimserver 6.2.2
OS X v. 10.4.6

Thanks.
Have you tried chucking the database file altogether and starting from scratch?

Michael Rubino
2006-05-12, 09:47
I'm confused. Do you mean chuck the iTunes library?

jonheal
2006-05-12, 09:52
I'm confused. Do you mean chuck the iTunes library?
No, I mean Slimserver's SQLLite database. As for the location, this is a quote from Dean, Slim Devices CTO:

"...try deleting Home -> Library -> SlimServer
which will delete your database files.

Then restart."

jonheal
2006-05-12, 10:02
No, I mean Slimserver's SQLLite database. As for the location, this is a quote from Dean, Slim Devices CTO:

"...try deleting Home -> Library -> SlimServer
which will delete your database files.

Then restart."
Correction:

Here's the location of the database file (again, from Dean):

"Look for Home -> Library -> Caches -> SlimServer and delete that. That will remove your database file..."

Siduhe
2006-05-12, 10:15
Two other thoughts:

1) Do you have any file names with accented characters ? ( or for example). I can't remember if this problem was fixed in 6.2.2. or 6.3, but accented file names could sometimes cause problems with rescanning libraries. Rename the offending files and all is sorted (accented characters in tags are fine, it's just file names that cause problems).

2) What is your Itunes Reload interval set to ? AFAIK the default setting is to scan all the time for changes and a number of people's issues with Itunes have been solved by a) changing the value to a much higher one (reload every day for example), or disabling it by setting to 0 and doing a manual rescan.

See http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?BeginnersGuideToiTunes

Siduhe
2006-05-12, 10:20
Sorry - this is the link to the wiki I meant to include which deals with your specific problem:

http://www.slimdevices.com/su_faq.html#troubleshooting-itunes