PDA

View Full Version : Latest SimpleAsyncHTTP and Biography plugin



atlslim
2006-05-10, 09:36
I am unable to obtain artist info. via Michael's Biography plugin w/ the latest changes to SimpleAsyncHTTP. Reverting this file back to ver 7362 seems to provide the fix. Any thoughts here (Andy)?

6.5 trunk (W2K)

andyg
2006-05-10, 09:43
On May 10, 2006, at 12:36 PM, atlslim wrote:

>
> I am unable to obtain artist info. via Michael's Biography plugin
> w/ the
> latest changes to SimpleAsyncHTTP. Reverting this file back to ver
> 7362
> seems to provide the fix. Any thoughts here (Andy)?
>
> 6.5 trunk (W2K)

Can you paste the output from --d_http_async ?

atlslim
2006-05-10, 09:57
The output is below: the part about updating the calls has been there previously but did not prevent the plugin from retrieving the artist info. The new findings are in the last three lines.


2006-05-10 12:49:42.5554 Biography: get a list of possible links...
2006-05-10 12:49:42.5749 Slim::Web::HTTP::escape has been deprecated in favor of
Slim::Utils::Misc::escape(). Please update your calls!
2006-05-10 12:49:42.5821 Backtrace:

frame 0: Slim::Web::HTTP::escape (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Plugins/Biography/Plugin.pm line 539)
frame 1: Plugins::Biography::Plugin::getCachedArtistFilenam e (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Plugins/Biography/Plugin.pm line 291)
frame 2: Plugins::Biography::Plugin::getCachedBio (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Plugins/Biography/Plugin.pm line 206)
frame 3: Plugins::Biography::Plugin::handleWebIndex (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Plugins/Biography/Plugin.pm line 516)
frame 4: Plugins::Biography::Plugin::createAsyncWebPage (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Plugins/Biography/Plugin.pm line 468)
frame 5: Plugins::Biography::Plugin::gotArtistInfo (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Slim/Networking/SimpleAsyncHTTP.pm line 378)
frame 6: Slim::Networking::SimpleAsyncHTTP::bodyCB (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Slim/Networking/AsyncHTTP.pm line 513)
frame 7: Slim::Networking::AsyncHTTP::readBodyCallback (C:/PROGRA~1/SLIMSE~1/server/Slim/Networking/Select.pm line 153)
frame 8: Slim::Networking::Select::select (C:\PROGRA~1\SLIMSE~1\server\SLIMSE~1.PL line 691)
frame 9: main::idle (C:\PROGRA~1\SLIMSE~1\server\SLIMSE~1.PL line 637)
frame 10: main::main (C:\PROGRA~1\SLIMSE~1\server\SLIMSE~1.PL line 1273)

2006-05-10 12:49:42.6299 Biography (cache): Molly Hatchet was in disk cache
2006-05-10 12:49:42.6399 Biography: Oops... Timeout? Or have we been blocked by allmusic.com?..
2006-05-10 12:49:42.6627 Biography (cache): Molly Hatchet was in memory cache
2006-05-10 12:49:42.7242 SimpleAsyncHTTP(http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll) destroy called.

andyg
2006-05-10, 10:10
On May 10, 2006, at 12:57 PM, atlslim wrote:

>
> The output is below: the part about updating the calls has been there
> previously but did not prevent the plugin from retrieving the artist
> info. The new findings are in the last three lines.

I downloaded the plugin and will check out what's wrong.

andyg
2006-05-10, 10:15
On May 10, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Andy Grundman wrote:

>
> On May 10, 2006, at 12:57 PM, atlslim wrote:
>
>>
>> The output is below: the part about updating the calls has been there
>> previously but did not prevent the plugin from retrieving the artist
>> info. The new findings are in the last three lines.
>
> I downloaded the plugin and will check out what's wrong.

Fixed in trunk. :)

atlslim
2006-05-10, 10:51
Thanks, Andy - I've updated and the fix is indeed in!

bklaas will also be happy as he incorporated the biography and albumreview plugins into the Nokia770 skin yesterday.

Your promptness is much appreciated!

bklaas
2006-05-10, 11:24
Yep, double true from me. Well done on the quick fix!

cheers,
#!/ben

mherger
2006-05-10, 11:40
> Yep, double true from me. Well done on the quick fix!

While it fixes the networking issue I assume this not to fix the problem
you mentioned in the plugins forum, does it?

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

bklaas
2006-05-11, 13:33
No, it doesn't. The album review plugin still returns one of two things:

-a bulleted list of review(s). this list is sometimes only one item long.
-nothing except the name of the artist and the album (as reported here: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=108748&postcount=12)

I'd be willing to bet that this is a 6.5 only issue, since you say that it's not behaving this way for you. It's definitely not skin-specific though...

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help test, esp. since I'm on 6.5 here.

cheers,
#!/ben

mherger
2006-05-11, 13:54
> I'd be willing to bet that this is a 6.5 only issue, since you say that
> it's not behaving this way for you. It's definitely not skin-specific
> though...

I'm too tired tonight to do anything of use... But I plan to do some work
on those plugins tomorrow night.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)