PDA

View Full Version : CD burning software

norderney
2006-05-08, 12:40
Can anybody recommend some CD burning software? Problem is it needs to handle both MP3 and FLAC.

I have been using dbpower AMP CD Writer, but have had some problems with it.

dbpower AMP CD Writer appears to have a bug with the drop down menu, it obviously has the options for MP3, 80 min, and 74 minutes.

But there are currently 100s of different versions in the list. I've set it to delete after the copy, but apparently it's not. And when I'm trying to make a new cd, it will jump around between lists and because there are so many, it's impossible for me to find the cd I was creating.

notanatheist
2006-05-08, 20:12
Check Nero. It does nearly anything.

jaybeee
2006-05-09, 00:06
The best free audio CD burner is easily Burrrn (http://www.burrrn.net/).

Wombat
2006-05-09, 01:37
I second Burrrn! It doesn´t get much easier.

street_samurai
2006-05-09, 10:39
As a fan of Nero from "back-in-the-day", I would humbly suggest that Nero has completely lost its way. Its become more and more bloated, slow and annoying to use over the years.

I have heard good things about Burrrrn but haven't tried it myself.

I recently switched over to Ashampoo Burning Studio 6 and I'm very impressed with its simplicity and ability to do nearly everything I want (except burn CD-Text (which I know Burrrn can do)). Worth checking out for sure.

ss.

Mark Lanctot
2006-05-09, 10:48
As a fan of Nero from "back-in-the-day", I would humbly suggest that Nero has completely lost its way. Its become more and more bloated, slow and annoying to use over the years.

Glad I'm not the only one to think this.

You forgot to mention "buggy". Of the 5 times I try to use it, it only actually starts 3 of those times, and 1 of those times it hangs while burning a CD-R.

I don't burn discs very often anymore, but when I do it's with CDBurner XP Pro. It's not especially suited to audio CDs though.

notanatheist
2006-05-10, 23:10
Okay, I'll admit the interface has gone down hill. My habit is to go straight for "Nero Burning ROM" and skip all the other crap. Then again, I have NeroLinux too and certainly enjoy that.